Skip to main content

My Experience with SGB VA Course: Ups and Downs

 

Learning something new is a challenging experience. Sometimes, we find excitement, but many times we have to navigate through the valley of disappointment when our expectations don't align with reality.

James Clear, the author of "Atomic Habits," states, "We often expect progress to be linear and quick, but in reality, the results of our efforts are often delayed."

I felt excited when Tania taught us about the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI). I had heard about ChatGPT and Bard before taking the SGB VA course, but it was only when Tania showed examples that I truly understood how to use them correctly. I was amazed at how AI could assist us. If we insist on using old methods, we automatically fall behind those who embrace technology.

One particular task that stood out was when we had to create "10 captions for IG including hashtags" and post them on our Instagram accounts. We were allowed to use AI for this task.

During my learning and trial-and-error phase, I encountered challenges before understanding what I needed to do. I distinctly remember when I struggled to save images during my initial attempts with predis.ai. I was working on my laptop and wanted to save the pictures I had created so that I could manually post them from my mobile phone (even though I knew I could connect predis.ai directly to my Instagram). I felt confused and disappointed, as if I had fallen into a valley of frustration. It seemed like a simple task, but I couldn't figure out the solution. After spending hours on it, I finally decided to ask for help. I felt relieved when I received assistance and was able to resolve the issue, completing the task much faster.

On the last day, just hours before the deadline, I observed some of my friends still struggling. It reminded me of the story of a carpenter and his axe. The carpenter was diligently working to cut down a tree, but he was using an old and blunt axe. Many people advised him to sharpen the axe, but he angrily dismissed their suggestions, saying, "Can't you see that I am busy? I have no time for rest, let alone sharpening the axe."

Image from toonpool.com
Despite working extremely hard, he couldn't finish his job efficiently. We often behave like the carpenter, unwilling to invest in something that could be beneficial. We remain busy with our own methods. Does this story resonate with you?

In the story, a kind person approached the carpenter and offered to lend him a power saw, along with guidance on how to use it. However, the carpenter stubbornly rejected the offer, insisting on sticking to his old ways.

This story is similar to how we perceive AI. With AI, many tasks can be completed instantly. But if we are unwilling to learn and uninterested in utilizing it, progress becomes challenging.

The same can be said for Virtual Assistants (VAs). If you are an entrepreneur or a busy businessperson, I encourage you to consider the benefits of virtual assistant services. Let a virtual assistant handle your mundane and time-consuming tasks, allowing you more free time to focus on strategic endeavors that can help you generate more revenue.

Are you someone who faces dilemmas similar to the carpenter's? I invite you to join the SGB VA course. Or perhaps you are seeking virtual assistant support? Take a look and find your VA candidate from the SGBVA course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGB VA Course: My Honest Review

When searching for a virtual assistant course on a search engine, you may come across many suggestions that can be confusing. So, if you're looking for reviews from students who have already taken the course, here's my honest review of the SGB VA course. As I mentioned before , I chose the SGB VA course not because I extensively researched or compared it with other courses. My main reason for taking the SGB VA course was Tania , the founder and teacher of this course. I appreciate her positive mindset, how she learns from her past experiences, and how she teaches us to avoid making the same mistakes. I feel like I've found someone I want to learn from. When you read testimonials and success stories from SGBVA course alumni , you'll find that they express a sense of gratitude and belonging within the SGB VA family. Tania successfully creates a supportive and welcoming environment for her students. Her support, guidance, and motivation foster a positive and empowerin

In The Beginning: Why I took SGB VA Course

Before taking the Virtual Assistant course at SGB VA , I had no knowledge of what a virtual assistant was, how to become virtual assistant, or the various virtual assistant job opportunities available. I had never even searched for "best virtual assistant in the world" on Google. So, how did I end up enrolling in the course? It all started with the frequent appearance of ads on my Instagram homepage. There was a captivating lady who would explain things that I didn't pay much attention to initially. However, I did notice that she spoke English fluently and occasionally spoke Indonesian with a different accent. Due to the frequency of these ads, I began to remember some of her advice: "Progress, not perfection," "Even without experience, you can still succeed," and "Support from the community." I started watching the ads whenever they popped up. One day, after watching a Korean drama called "Dr. Cha," I found myself contemplating m

Taking the Leap: Enrolling in the SGB VA Course

On June 8, 2023, in the morning, I decided to join the SGB VA free webinar. I chose 7 pm Jakarta time. Then I started joining the SGB Telegram, and that day there was an announcement that I could watch the recorded webinar talk show in Bahasa Indonesia. It was said that the talk show was at full capacity.  I watched how Ican and Catherine held the talk show, and my mind continuously thought, "Should I enroll in the SGB VA course?" From that talk show, I already knew how much I should pay if I wanted to join the SGB VA course . I could not decide, so I asked my husband. He said, "Go ahead." So I had no reason why I could not join the SGB VA course . I had a lot of free time. But I still felt unsure. At that time, I was not even sure about my capability. What if the Virtual Assistant job is not suitable for me? What if I cannot do the tasks well? What if I give up before finishing the course? I had a moment of self-reflection. I remembered what my friends told me a